7.12.2010

sick of it all.

When we got our wedding pictures back several months ago we were excited.  Kim went nuts over them.  The first time we took them to my parents was a little disappointing.  Mom briefly looked at them but didn't say much.  We left them with her to pick out what she wanted for her parents album.  When Kim did this she spent hours looking and laid out her own album.  Mom gave me the pictures back and she had two envelopes.  She had about 10 pictures in the yes envelope and 5 in the maybe envelope.  Three of those pictures was of Andrew and I together.  She told me to pick out the rest.  When my brother got married she picked out every single picture (a lot of them) and got pushy with John and Elaine because it took them so long to get theirs, and she couldn't order hers until they had ordered theirs.

Yesterday Andrew and I went to put together our album with the photographer.  I called Mom on the way up there to see about getting some pictures for my grandparents and John and Elaine.  She called sometime after we had left and when I called her back all she wanted to talk about was her old friend that she wasn't even friends with anymore who had died.  She didn't ask about the pictures, didn't want to know what we had picked out, didn't even ask about the price.  Nothing.

It's always going to be like this, isn't it?  A few weeks ago she called to ask if I could come stay with her one night while Dad was out of town because she was lonely.  Dad is always out of town!  He's out of town every week.  She just wanted me to come stay so she could get her way from someone because she didn't get it from Dad.  I hadn't even been married 3 months yet!  She's asked before, "Can't you and Andrew do anything apart?"  We just freakin' got married.  Of course we want to do everything together. 

I'm so sick of all her crap, and trying to mediate everything, and trying not to hurt anyones feelings.  She's not going to ever be happy with me, she's not ever going to accept Andrew, and she's not ever going to look at it like we're actually married and I'm not going to be with her how Dad is with his parents.  And that I'm not going to be a little carbon copy of her.  I'm sick of everything down here.  I'm sick of school.  I'm sick of my Mother.  I'm sick of my old friends that give me updates on exes that I don't care about.  I'm sick of too many people living in this county.  I'm sick of suburbia. 

I just want us to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment