7.30.2010

girls in trucks.


Ok, so I was really disappointed in this book.  Maybe it's because the other books I read this week were so good.  And the last one, Watermelon, was really funny.  This one just missed the mark.  I thought it was going to be one of those Southern books and it really wasn't.  I mean, she's born and raised in the South, and she goes back periodically, but most of the book seems to be spent with her in New York making bad decisions, being whiny, and pining after men.  At one point she goes to Peru for really no reason for a guy.  They were trying too hard to be deep and thoughtful I think.  Some writers can truly be deep and thoughtful and it's wonderful, but Katie Crouch is clearly not one of those writers.  It came across as depressing and stupid.  I was disappointed.

Sorry for all the book related stuff this week.  I've read three books this week alone.  I guess it's 'cause I've been home from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment