12.04.2010

ruby lane.

I was searching for depression glass and that website led to another, which led to another, which led to one that had favorite links and led me to Ruby Lane.  I'm sure most of you probably know this site and I'm one of the last to know.  For the sake of me and Andrew's bank account, I really should not have found this site.  Though I must say I'm pretty proud of myself, seeing as I have yet to buy anything.  But oh, the temptation is strong...

The first thing I searched was Noritake china.  I was trying to find pieces from the 1949 Mystery 14 pattern that we have.  Anyway, I didn't find any Mystery 14, but I did find this:

12 dinner plates, 12 saucers, 12 cups, 12 salad plates, 12 soup bowls, 12 small plates, 12 dessert bowls, 1 serving bowl, 1 creamer, 1 sugar bowl, 1 gravy boat, 1 large platter, 1 medium latter, and 1 large bowl (w/ lid).  91 pieces total.  $395.  It's Noritake.  Probably made between 1947-1949, judging by the mark.  His father did buy it from Japan in the early 50s.  He didn't have the pattern listed and I tried to find it on Replacements, but I couldn't.

This is another beautiful example of old Noritake.  This is a 16 piece tea set, circa 1931.  $195.  The only thing missing is the lid from the sugar bowl.  Also no pattern name, though I did try to find it.

And apparently I'm going to have to finish this post later, because Blogger won't let me upload anymore  pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment