12.16.2010

celebration!

I passed State Board!!!  YAY!!!

Andrew keeps asking me why I thought I wouldn't.  It's a good reason.  You do the run throughs at school: you're used to your surroundings, you're used to Tambrin grading you, and you know if you talk the likelyhood of Tambrin actually sending you home is very slim.  You know when Tambrin is writing things down she's also writing good things about what you're doing.  State Board is different.  I'm not saying it's hell on Earth or anything, just different.  First, you have to go to Macon.  Macon sucks.  Macon's a shithole.  So you're unfamiliar with the place and the person giving you the test.  When they write something down you're thinking, "Oh shit, what did I miss?"  It's way more stressful.  If you fail you can take it again, but you've gotta pay them more money.

Anyway, for State Board you need a 70 as a passing grade.  I made an 88 on my practical and an 85 on my written.  I was almost disappointed because the lowest grade I ever got at school was a 92 and it's the exact same thing.  But at school the failing grade is an 80 to allow room for error due to being nervous.

So now I get to pay them $30 and apply for my license.  Then get a job!

1 comment:

  1. If you ever want any vintage clothing please come check out our blog and website!

    www.avintagelovestory.com
    www.lalalandvintageclothing.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete