12.04.2010

what a dish - part 3.

So I was going to just go in order of my dish lists but I decided to skip the next one and get on to the good shit.  The fine china.  This is my second set of dishes.

This is Noritake Mystery 14.  We saw it in an antique store in what I think was Covington.  I think Andrew paid about $300 for this.  He waited until I was wandering around the store to buy them and try to surprise me.

Judging by the mark this china was made between 1947-1949. 

I love the creamer.

Gravy boat with attached underplate.

We actually have the sugar bowl, with the lid.  These tend to be broken and missing from sets.  This set is actually 90 pieces.

This is the round covered casserole.

I love this set so much.  I've used pictures from Replacements, becase all my china is packed away.  I really wish the pictures were better so you could really see the colors.  All pictures above are pieces I have.

Dish Wish List:

16 inch serving platter.

AND THE OVAL COVERED CASSEROLE WE LOST!!! 
Yes.  When we bought this we had to come back later to pick it up.  There were so many pieces we didn't want to wait while it was being wrapped.  I really wish we had.  Part of the reason we were so excited about this was because it had not one, but two, covered casseroles.  Round and oval.  Very rare.  When we picked up the boxes we didn't check them.  I wish we'd done that, too.  When we got home and unpacked them we realized we were missing a piece.  I figured it was such a pretty piece the lady decided to keep it for herself.  But if you're going to do that take a freaking dinner plate!  Take something easy to replace!  Don't take one of the coolest, prettiest, and rarest pieces from the set!!!  I've been mad about this since it happened last year, in case you can't tell.  Those oval ones are rare.  I can't even find a picture of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment